Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Chicago Area - North Aurora, IL Hampton Inn

The hotel is very easy to find which is a big deal in the Chicago area, at least to me. It's right off of I-88, you can see it as soon as you get off the hwy. The hotel is beautiful, nicer than any Hampton than I have seen in a long time. The lobby and eating area looked more like a Hilton Hotel or something from out west with big open ceilings. I reserved a Jacuzzi suite. The suite was huge and it was a true suite with a large living room with sofa, chair, and entertainment center with a tv. In the corner was a little kitchette with a microwave, fridge, coffeemaker and small table and chairs. There was a bag of microwave popcorn on the microwave every day.

The bedroom was as spacious as most single hotel rooms with the king sized bed and the large Jacuzzi tub area. The Jacuzzi is easily big enough for two! The bathroom area was nice and clean and it included a large walk in shower and toilet together and then the sink/vanity area was separate. My room was quiet and clean and everything a traveler would want. I was greeted very warmly by the front desk staff and the breakfast staff was equally friendly. The free breakfast is in the large area off of the lobby, plenty of space and the room is beautiful with a fireplace. There was a large selection of breads, cereals, teas, and a hot entree each day, way beyond the basic free continental breakfast. The pool is indoors and I heard that kids really love it but I did not try the pool.

It snowed quite a bit while I was there and the snow plow had pushed a couple of feet of snow behind my car. I was trying to scrape my car clean with the brush thing that the rental car agencies provide and a man came to help me clean off the car and another man came and shoveled out from behind my car. I realized that they were doing this for everyone so the hotel must have employed them to help out with all of the snow. It was very nice to have someone shovel out my car!

This was a very enjoyable experience. I would stay at this hotel again and I would recommend it to anyone, business travelers and families alike.


Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Aurora, IL
2423 Bushwood Dr, Aurora, Illinois, 60506
Tel: 1-630-907-2600 Fax: 1-630-907-2919

1 comment:

Rocky said...

Lisa;
I am a the Owner of the Hampton Inn and Suites Aurora, Ill. I wish to thank you for your kind words. I will pass this on to our staff who I'm sure will appreciate the adaboy. Thanks for Staying with us! - Rocky Pintozzi - Owner
Ps if you wouldn't mind posting your comments on Trip Advisor, It really helps! Thanks