Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sarasota, FL - Hotel Indigo



This is my first stay at a Hotel Indigo.  I have seen the advertisements but I have never had a chance to try aa Hotel Indigo before this trip to Sarasota.  Hotel Indigo in Sarasota, FL has a light & airy feel to it.  The decor in the lobby and the guest rooms is distinctively beach cottage themed.  It seems that that this hotel brand has done everything it can to be different from other hotel brands.

I felt wanted and appreciated as a guest from the moment I walked through the door.  The lobby and the rooms all had wood look flooring.  Everything in the lobby and my room smelled fresh and clean.  The bathroom was huge with a walk in shower that would easily held 4 people.  The bedroom seemed a little small but I am sure this is due to the space taken up by the larger bathroom.  There was plenty of room around the king sized bed for me to be comfortable. The decor was pretty and bright and the furniture and bedding all looked new and clean.

I did seem to hear more hall noise and noise from other guests.  I suspect this is due to the hard flooring choices. It was not at a level that bothered me or kept me awake.  I prefer the hard surface clean flooring over carpet that harbors no telling what germs in it's depths.

The view from my room was beautiful and I really enjoyed the sunset over Sarasota.

I did have breakfast in the hotel restaurant.  The restaurant has the same light and clean feeling as the rest of the hotel.  The server was cheerful and attentive and the food was good.  The breakfast prices seemed to be about the same as other hotel's restaurants. I did see the board for dinner specials for $25 that included dinner, soup or salad and a glass of wine.

I enjoyed my stay and I felt appreciated as a guest at this hotel.  I would happily stay here again and this is a perfect hotel for anyone whether you are a woman traveling alone or a family.  I felt safe in the parking lot and hotel.  There is a parking deck under the hotel and a few parking spaces in the front and to the side of the hotel.  I was always able to park in the front or the side of side of the hotel.


Hotel Indigo
SARASOTA

Hotel Front Desk: 001-941-487-3800 | Hotel Fax: 001-941-487-3801

No comments: