Monday, March 10, 2008

Houma, LA - Crochet House B & B


My trip to Houma, LA was on short notice and any hotel that looked decent was either all booked up or priced out of my travel budget. I looked at the bed and breakfasts in the area and came up with Crochet House. I emailed the owner and received a nice response.

The house is located in a residential area that is very convenient to the downtown area where I was working. I arrived at the house, signed the register and Leland Crochet showed me to my room and made sure I knew where everything was, he made sure of the time I wanted my breakfast, etc. My room was very charming with a small kitchenette with a fridge stocked with bottled cold water, a queen bed, a day bed, chairs, tv, etc. It had it's own small bath with a stand up shower and a little stack washer and dryer. It was a very charming room with a comfy queen bed with plenty of pillows. It was clean and attractive.

The breakfast was delicious, sweet potato pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, a bowl of fresh fruit and hot tea and orange juice. The other guests had not yet arrived for breakfast so Mr Crochet sat and chatted with me about the B & B and how many years they had enjoyed sharing their home.

This is not a luxury plantation style B & B. However it is a very comfy and charming place to stay for the business traveler or family. I felt safe and appreciated as a guest. The rate was was below the local hotels and more convenient to my place of work.

I would happily stay here again and I would recommend this B & B to anyone.

Crochet HouseBed & Breakfast
301 Midland Drive,
Houma, LA 70360
(985) 879-3033
Toll-Free 1 (888) 483-3033
E-Mail: Stay@CrochetHouse.com

No comments: