Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Dallas Area - DoubleTree by Hilton Richardson, TX


One great positive about this hotel is that it is easily visible from the highway. The traffic in Dallas is so horrible and my navigator seems to be easily confused by the access roads so I was glad to see the tall hotel with the big DoubleTree sign as I got close to the hotel.

I easily found a parking place close to the door and I was greeted and checked into the hotel in a snap. Two warm delicious cookies in hand I found the elevators and headed to my room. I had been upgraded to the concierge level which is on the top floor. My room was spacious, tastefully appointed and clean. I had a pile of soft down pillows on the bed since I had requested extra pillows. The room had a little fridge and microwave and I love to have a fridge in the room. I turned the air down hoping that the room would be cooler when I returned later.

The room was never really cool. I like a room to be cool enough so that I can sleep under the comforter. My room was facing the west so it got loads of afternoon sun and it was 115 degrees in Dallas. The room was comfortable it was just not super cool. If I return when the temperature outside is over 100 I will ask for a room on the other side of the hotel in hopes that my room will be cooler.

My Diamond level with Hilton Honors got me a free breakfast buffet and the buffet had everything I wanted in a breakfast. There were scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes and grits already prepared and a cook was waiting to take special orders for omelets. Of course there was coffee, juices, cereal, yogurts, breads to be toasted and fruit.

I would definitely stay in this hotel again and I actually have a reservation in two weeks to do just that. I will let you know about my second stay in this same hotel. I felt safe with a well lit parking lot. There were three elevators so I never stood for long periods of time waiting on the elevator and there was always someone at the front desk to answer questions and wish me a good day.

I would gladly stay here again and I would recommend this hotel for anyone.  I felt safe and appreciated, my room was comfortable and the food was delicious.



DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson
1981 North Central Expressway
Richardson, Texas, United States 75080
Tel: 1-972-644-4000 Fax: 1-972-644-0135

No comments: