Monday, August 22, 2011

Paris - Scholl Bros BBQ Paris, Texas



My clients wanted to take me out to lunch and we decided on BBQ. One of the girls said she was going to get the 'baked potato.' I thought to myself 'I want more than a baked potato at a Texas BBQ restaurant.' We arrived at what appears to have been an old filling station. We were waiting in line and I was studying the menu when someone in line in front of me ordered the baked potato.  I watched as a huge potato was placed on a tray and then filled with bbq meat and cheese.  Toppings were offered like sour cream, bacon bits, etc.  I decided I would try this baked potato.  I was in pain when I left the restaurant and I didn't come anywhere near to finishing the baked potato.  It was delicious.  This is not what you would think of as a fancy full service restaurant.  You wait in line in what looks to be an old gas station, then you find your seat and get your drinks yourself.  The floor is plain concrete.  There was someone keeping the dining room tables and floors clean for the lunch rush.  I would happily eat here for lunch again.


Scholl Brothers Bar-B-Q
55 25th St NE
Paris, TX 75460
(903) 739-8080

No comments: