Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Charlotte Area - Marriott Townplace Suites - Pineville, NC



I have to say that I love the layout of these properties. I like having a little kitchen and a sitting area, it's a nice break from the usual regular hotel room layout.

This particular hotel is very attractive on the outside, clean and neat and really cute. The desk attendant was really nice, check-in was quick, and she informed me of the 'grab and go breakfast' that is offered every morning. Even though the hotel looked to be very full I was able to find a parking space not too far from the door. My room appeared to be clean and attractive and it even smelled clean. The queen sized bed was comfy with lots of fluffy pillows and the sitting area and kitchen were clean and attractive. The bathroom was not so clean. There were several hairs in the bath tub which led to me cleaning the tub myself and the corners of the bathroom had hair and trash. I found two small dead roaches behind the door. After I saw that the bathroom wasn't so clean I ran all of the dishes that I planned to use through the dishwasher as a precaution.

The 'grab and go breakfast' that was offered in the clubhouse had way more items than I had expected. I had expected a little bag with a water, muffin, apple, etc. What I got was a continental breakfast with cereal, fruit, bagels, english muffuns, yogurt, juice, coffee, etc. It was nice and unexpected.

In spite of the bathroom not being as clean as I like I would still recommend this hotel to anyone and I would stay in it again and, yes, I would clean the bathroom myself again. The overall feel of the hotel was good. I felt appreciated as a guest. The rate that I got at this hotel was way lower than some of the other hotels in the area and I love the layout of the room - it's more like an apartment.

TownePlace Suites Charlotte Arrowood
7805 Forest Point Boulevard
Charlotte, North Carolina 28217 USA
Phone: 1-704-227-2000
Fax: 1-704-227-2001

No comments: