Saturday, October 29, 2011

Tampa, FL - Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore



One nice thing I can say about this hotel is that it has a big parking lot and the parking is free.  I was able to park right across from the entrance which I always appreciate.  The location is very close to the airport but I was not awakened by airplanes all night.  The lobby is very pretty and the front desk staff is eager to help.  The girl gave me ideas for restaurants and even offered to schedule me and my coworker on the shuttle but we had a rental car.  The shuttle will go most anywhere within a couple of miles. 

My room was nice with a big cushy king sized bed and lots of down pillows which I love.  The carpet looked like it could use a good cleaning.  It wasn't dirty all over I just noticed a couple of stains.  Since I am at diamond level with Hilton I had access to the concierge lounge.  The girl at the front desk said there would be drinks and appetizers in the evening and breakfast in the morning in the lounge.  On visiting the lounge in the evening I did discover hot and cold appetizers and free sodas and water but any alcoholic drinks were for purchase and the price of the drinks seemed expensive.  This seemed a little weird to me and I haven't ever been in a concierge lounge where the alcoholic drinks were not free. I only got a soda and some cookies.

As much as I was disappointed in the evening reception in the concierge lounge the breakfast exceeded my expectations.  I had expected a continental breakfast and I had a pleasant surprise.  A full breakfast of scrambled eggs, sausage, and hot oatmeal along with fruit, coffee, juices, tea, breads and muffins.  It was a nice breakfast and the lady tending the breakfast bar was very nice and she was working to keep the area clean and well stocked.  

My overall stay in this Hilton was nice.  The hotel seems to be aging a little and the carpet can use cleaning in certain areas.  I did not try the hotel restaurant or the pool/hot tub.  The pool area looked very nice when viewed from my room.  This Hilton is very convenient to the airport and businesses around the airport.



No comments: