Saturday, December 29, 2007

Holiday Inn - Islip Airport Long Island New York

This hotel is very convenient to the Islip Long Island Airport, it is literally right around the corner from the airport. Upon arrival I had to wait in line for quite some time to check in due to large parties checking in at the same time. There was also large groups of loud people in the lobby and loud music due to what looked like holiday parties. My room was on the second floor away from the parties. The room was large, much larger than rooms usually are in New York and it looked to be newly decorated and clean. There was a strange musty smoky smell in the hallway but it was not in the room. The bathroom was small as is frequently the case in older hotels. The room was a long walk, it seemed like the hallway went on forever.
I did go down to the hotel restaurant to eat dinner. The hostess did give me strange looks as they do sometimes when you say you are dining alone. She seated me and after some period of time she came and took my order. There was only one other person in the restaurant when I arrived. The entree, fried chicken, arrived promptly and looked good. I ate two bites and bit into something cold. I put my finger in the middle of the chicken breast and it was refrigerator cold on the inside. The waitress finally came back around and I told her the food was cold. She asked if I wanted dessert. I ordered an Irish coffee which arrived nice and hot but tasted awful. She finally brought my check for the full price of the meal. I took the check to the hostess stand and asked for the restaurant manager. A small older woman came to talk to me and I told her that I couldn't believe I was being charged full price for a meal that was unedible. She said that once they put an order in the computer they couldn't take it out and she gave me a 10% discount. I told her it was a health hazard to serve cold uncooked chicken. I signed the bill and went to the hotel front desk. I asked for the manager and the man attending the desk said he was the manager. I told him my story and he removed the restaurant charge from my bill. He was very nice.
I checked out early the next morning and the desk attendant said the computers were updating and he could not give me a copy of my bill but he would email it and he took down my email address. Over a week later I did not have an emailed bill so I called the hotel and they said they would send one in the mail and the receipt did arrive via regular mail a few days later. (I have to have a copy of the bill for my expense report)

I am not sure if I would stay at this hotel again. The room was nice and the people attending the desk were very nice but I would not eat anything from the restaurant.

Holiday Inn
LONG ISLAND-ISLIP AIRPORT
3845 VETERANS MEMORIAL HIGHWAY
RONKONKOMA, NY 11779

Hotel Front Desk: 1-631-5859500

No comments: