Monday, September 26, 2011

Dallas - Embassy Suites Dallas - Park Central Area



I just want to preface this post by saying that I don't like parking garages.  I especially dislike underground parking garages so I avoid parking garages if at all possible.  When I read the reviews on this hotel and the reviews said something about a nice sized parking garage.  I knew I was going to have to park in a parking garage.  I looked around for another hotel in the area but there wasn't anything available in this same class of service that was located in the area where I would be working.  It seemed that most of the Hilton properties were full.  

When I got to the hotel and I got myself parked in the parking garage it was no big deal.  I parked near the entrance to the parking garage since I had no idea where the elevators to the hotel were located.  Some cars came into the garage and I watched where the people went so I would know where to find the elevators.  Even though I had parked all the way over by the entrance to the parking garage it was not a long walk to the elevators.   There were four elevators and no sign to say which elevator to take to check in to the hotel.  I picked elevator number one along with another guest that was also checking into the hotel.  Once I arrived on the 1st floor I still wasn't sure where to go.  I did manage to go in the right direction and find the check in desk but I did find the total lack of signs in the parking garage and also when I got off of the elevator to be a little disconcerting.  I did hear other guests commenting on the lack of signs in the hotel and elevators.  This is the only negative thing I have to say about this hotel.  Of course once you are checked into the hotel and you have found your way around the lack of signs is no longer an issue.

The check in process was fast and easy.  The desk clerk was friendly and smiling.  She gave me directions to my room, the times of the free breakfast and I was off to my suite.  My room was on the 9th floor and I like to be on the top floor and away from children and families.  I have stayed in several Embassy Suites that seem to be overcome with children, families and traveling sports groups. I did not see any children at all.  It is not that I dislike children I have just found in my travels that traveling groups of children tend to be loud and rowdy and they can take over the breakfast area and generally make my business trip less than pleasant.  

The hotel is very attractive and well kept.  My suite seemed smaller than some other Embassy Suites where I have stayed.  It was still very roomy and nicer than a plain old hotel room.  I was greeted with a snack basket that had M&M's candies and snack bars and two bottles of water.  My suite had a sitting area with a wet bar with a refrigerator and a microwave.  The bedroom and living area is separate in Embassy Suites and I enjoy this very much.  My bathroom was small with a shower - no tub - but it was very clean and nice.  My king sized bed was comfortable and even though I had asked for extra pillows I only had four.  I think four pillows is the normal number of pillows for a king room.  I did have the extra towels that I had requested with my reservation.  The room also had a real closet which I prefer to a wardrobe because sometimes the wardrobes are not very tall and my longer pants and skirts are dragging on the bottom of the wardrobe and getting wrinkled.  My room was very quiet and I slept very well.

The breakfast bar was not overcrowded in the mornings.  The chef prepares omelets along with other egg dishes, French toast, etc. to order.  The omelet fillings are set up so that you fill a little bowl with whatever you desire and then you hand the bowl to the chef and let him know if you would like any cheese.  I loved this set up because I like a pile of spinach and only a little sprinkle of the other fillings.  My omelets were perfect both days!  There were many different bread offerings, several types of fruit and coffees, teas, cereal, juices, etc.  It is a very nice breakfast and the breakfast area was kept clean and items were being refilled quickly.

This Embassy Suites is located off of the service road that runs along the south side of 75.  I needed to go north on 75 to work and this was no problem at all.  Just to the south of the hotel is a turn around to get you on the north bound service road and then to 75 north.  I truly enjoyed my stay at this hotel and I would recommend this hotel to anyone including business travelers, families, or couples looking for a quiet place to get away for a weekend with a good breakfast!

No comments: