Friday, September 16, 2011

Wichita, KS - Vermilion Rose Bed & Breakfast




It has been a couple of months since I stayed in Vermilion Rose Bed & Breakfast but it was so nice that once I realized that I had forgotten to post about it on my blog I decided to post about it today.  I have actually stayed in Vermilion Rose Bed & Breakfast two separate times. I was working in the downtown area of Wichita and there just aren't any decent hotels in this downtown area.  I decided to look online for a bed and breakfast since I had seen several historic type homes downtown I was hoping there was a bed and breakfast in the area so I wouldn't have to drive from a hotel several miles away from my place of work.  I came across the website for Vermilion Rose Bed & Breakfast and I called and talked to the owner and he seemed very friendly and nice and he said they had available rooms so I made a reservation.

The house is beautiful.  It is located inside a beautiful wrought iron fence and the home has a deep porch with chairs for sitting when the weather is nice.  The second time I stayed the weather was nice and after work each day I would sit out on the porch with other guests and enjoy freshly made cookies and a cold drink.   There is plenty of parking behind the house inside the wrought iron fence.  Once you enter the home there is a beautiful wooden staircase that leads to the second floor and the guest rooms.  Both times that I stayed in Vermilion Rose Bed & Breakfast I stayed in the Serenity Rose room.  It is a large and roomy guest room with vintage fixtures in the private bath.  There is a little room at the front of the second floor that has a fridge with cold water and soft drinks, popcorn & a microwave, and books & games for the guests. 

The owners wife makes a wonderful country style breakfast that is served in the dining room.  The owners are very friendly and made me feel like a visiting friend.  The Vermilion Rose Bed & Breakfast was literally around the corner from where I was working so the location couldn't have been better for me!  I would happily stay here again and I would recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone whether you are working during the week or looking for  a quiet relaxing weekend to be pampered.  


Vermilion Rose Bed & Breakfast

1204 North Topeka Avenue
Wichita, Kansas 67214
316-267-7636

No comments: