Monday, October 17, 2011

Clearwater, FL - Candlewood Suites



I have stayed in this hotel before but I did not review it on my blog. Candlewood Suites is an extended stay hotel.  You do not receive maid service daily but you can exchange your towels or linens for fresh ones at any time at the front desk.  I had a queen studio suite so my room was set up like a studio apartment with a little kitchen that was stocked with pots, pans, a microwave, stove top, dishwasher, and a full sized refrigerator.  The hotel has a little food pantry with sodas, bottled water, frozen meals, yogurt, snacks, etc. for prices that really are not terrible.  There is a free laundry but you have to provide your soap and fabric softener or purchase soap and fabric softener from the hotel.

This Candlewood Suites is in an area that seems industrial so there are not restaurants or shops within walking distance except for a fast food hamburger place and in this area I don't think you would want to be out walking at night anyway.

My room seemed like it could have used some attention to detail.  The corners showed some dust especially in the bathroom.  The furniture looked a little worn.  My pots and pans had stains in them and I ran any dishes I planned to use through the dishwasher before I used them to be sure they were clean.  The room wasn't bad it just seemed like the carpet needed cleaning or replacing, the curtains were hanging a little crooked, and things were not quite as clean as I would like them to be.  The tv was very fuzzy on some channels and other channels came in ok.

All of the desk clerks that I met were very friendly and pleasant.  I felt safe once I was in my room. The rate at this hotel is less than other hotels in the area but you do not receive some of the same amenities - no free breakfast, no daily maid service, etc.  However if you are looking to save money or if you will be in a hotel for an extended period of time this might be a good choice for you.  I enjoy having a little kitchen and being able to heat up soup or make myself a snack.


Candlewood Suites
Hotel Front Desk: 1-727-573-3344  Hotel Fax: 1-727-573-3074

No comments: