Saturday, October 8, 2011

Jacksonville Beach, FL - Quality Suites Oceanfront



I am always happy to be pleasantly surprised and this hotel was a pleasant surprise.  I was afraid it would be old, run down, crowded, not clean or have the usual musty smell that many beach hotels seem to have.  However this hotel really exceeded my expectations.

The hotel has a nice and well lit parking lot.   The lobby is clean and attractive and the desk staff were always pleasant.  My room was a king jacuzzi suite and it had a separate living room and bedroom with the jacuzzi with the bathroom in between.  My room was clean and comfortable and it had a little balcony overlooking the beach.  The hotel is right on the beach so the views from the rooms are lovely and the sunrises and sunsets are not to be missed.

The 'hot breakfast' did have some hot breakfast items but I think they were prepacked items that were heated or microwaved like cheese omelets.  There were fruits, cereals, breads, juices and the hot items so there was plenty to choose from.  The breakfast area is a little small but I never had to wait for a table and the breakfast bar was kept well stocked.

The air conditioner in my room did make noise but I love a rattling old air conditioner as it drowns out other hotel noises.  So a loud air conditioner is not a negative as far as I am concerned.  The bed was comfy and I slept great.  It was a really good stay overall and this would be a great hotel for anyone including families and business travelers and I will happily stay here again.



11 N. 1st StreetJacksonville BeachFLUS32250-6908
  • Phone: (904) 435-3535
  • Fax: (904) 435-3536

No comments: