Thursday, August 23, 2012

Toronto, Canada Area - Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport


Hilton Garden Inn
3311 Caroga Drive
Mississauga, Ontario L4V 1A3 Canada
Phone:  905-678-0041




For my hotel ratings I use a scale of 1 to 5 with 1 being the lowest score and 5 being the highest score. 


Location: 4  Convenient to the airport and there is an airport shuttle.  The hotel was not close to any restaurants or shops.
Attitude of Staff: 5 Very friendly 
Cleanliness of carpets and flooring: 5 New hotel so it had not have time to become dirty!
Freshness/ Smell: 5 Everything smelled fine 
Bathroom: 5 Very nice large walk in shower
Air Conditioner or Heat: 5 Worked wonderfully 
Towels: 4 The towels seemed a little scratchy
Pillows: 5 Very nice pillows five provided, some down some poly
Bed: 5 Clean soft sheets and nice comfy bed
Breakfast: 4 Cold items were serve your buffet and hot items were made to order 
Noise: 4 Only occasional noise from other rooms
Cleanliness of room: 5 Room was clean
Internet: 0 I did not try the internet
Fridge and Microwave provided in the room 
Notes: I did not use the parking, the pool or the exercise room so I cannot comment on these items
Comments: I was upgraded to a suite which had a little sitting area with a second TV.  This would be a nice choice for people traveling together as one person could watch tv and the 2nd person could still rest or sleep undisturbed.

I did have one serious problem.  I ate dinner in the hotel restaurant.  I had ordered the taco salad.  The salad had a good taste and I ordered extra salsa.  I noticed the salsa had a tangy taste that I had not tasted in salsa previously.  I thought it was just 'different.'   I became very ill with food poisoning.  I almost missed my flight the next morning due to being ill.  My doctor said it was probably the salsa was bad.  It took me about a week to fully recover from being so sick.   


No comments: