Saturday, January 12, 2008

Austin, Texas - Hampton Inn NW / Arboretum


This hotel is very nice. It was a little pricier than I expected for Texas but it was in line with other hotels in the area and even better priced than some of the other hotels. The hotel looks to be newly renovated and the pool area looked very nice. I did not actually use the pool since it's an outdoor pool and the weather was cool this week. The hotel lobby and breakfast area are decorated in a pleasing Southwest theme.

I was not greetly warmly by the attendant behind the desk. There was quite a line when I entered the lobby and got in line to check in. The girl behind the desk seemed slightly irritated at all the guests. I got checked in, went out and moved my car, parked my car along the side of the building, and got my bags and took my bags up to my room only to discover that my room key did not work so I had to return to the line. The desk attendant did look up at me to see what I wanted so I said "my room key doesn't work" and her reply was 'you'll have to wait.' I suppose she wasn't talented enough to fix my key and get paperwork signed by the guy she was checking in at the same time. There were people still in line that had been in line when I went out to park my car. She finally got around to fixing my keys without any kind of apology or any kind words at all.

I did go to the front desk the next morning to ask for directions and the man behind the desk was much nicer.

I was greeted with a bottle of water and a snack in my room. My room was nice and roomy with a king sized bed, an oddly colored sofa, a desk and chair and a nice clean and roomy bathroom. The room, bathroom, breakfast area, and lobby were all clean and smelled nice. The free breakfast featured a hot item each morning in additon to the usual items like yogurt, cereal, juice, breads, etc.

While the hotel was nice and clean I did not feel appreciated as a guest.

I would stay in this hotel again due to the quality of the hotel and I would recommend it to anyone just don't expect a warm welcome!

Hampton Inn Austin-NW/Arboretum
3908 West Braker Lane
Austin, Texas 78759
Tel: 1-512-349-9898 Fax: 1-512-349-9494

No comments: