Friday, January 11, 2008

Hilton - Detroit Area, Southfield, Michigan

This hotel is undergoing extensive renovations and it will change to a Hilton Garden Inn in March 2008. Due to the construction I had to enter through a small side door to the temporary lobby. I was afraid that I would have problems parking during my stay since they have so much of the parking lot blocked off for the construction but I was always able to park near the door.

I was greeted warmly by the front desk staff and everyone at the hotel made me feel welcome. Evidence of the construction was everywhere except for my room. When I got into my room it was clean, nice and attractive with no evidence of construction. The room was already set up like the typical rooms in a Hilton Garden Inn with the microwave and fridge. The bathroom was very nicely decorated and clean.

The hotel had set up a room on an upper floor for a complimentary breakfast bar. They offered basic continental breakfast items, yogurt, juice, coffee, breads, etc. I saw other women traveling alone that were staying in the hotel and other business travelers.

I would stay in this hotel again and I would recommend it to anyone. I got a very good rate and I am sure they are offering special rates due to the construction.


Hilton Garden Inn.
26000 American Drive
Southfield, Michigan, USA 48034
Tel: +1-248-357-1100 Fax: +1-248-372-2323

No comments: