Friday, January 11, 2008

Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Area, Florida

This hotel is just off of I-275 and not far from the intersection of I-95. It appears to be a new hotel and is very clean and attractive. The hotel is located at the end of a shopping center with restaurants and various retail stores.

I arrived late in the evening due to a late flight and I had to wait over 15 minutes while the desk clerk talked to someone on the phone about a reservation sometime in the spring. At one point he called for someone to help him and she came out and looked at the computer screen and gave him some advice on how to do something on the screen, looked at me and walked away. He finally got me checked in and on my way to my room. This same man was behind the desk every evening and I noticed he would quickly greet any group of men coming in the door while he seemed never to notice me. One morning there was a lady cleaning the rug in the lobby and she wished me a very cheerful good morning.

My hotel room was large, clean and comfortable. The bedding was the new bedding that Holiday Inn Express is using and I like it. The bathroom was large and clean. The breakfast bar was nice and well stocked.

I would stay in this hotel again due to the convenient location and the cleanliness and while they did not do a good job of making me feel welcome, this is a nice hotel for families and business travelers alike.



HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS
11262 OLD ST. AUGUSTINE RD.
JACKSONVILLE, FL 32257

Hotel Front Desk: 1-904-899-9002

No comments: