Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hampton Inn - Airport Austin, Texas


This hotel is very nice. On first appearance I had the thought that this hotel looks to be newer and nicer than airport hotels tend to be. The hotel looks to be new or newly decorated and the lobby area is very attractive.

I was greetly warmly by the front desk attendant. She was busy checking in another guest when I walked up to the desk and she looked up, smiled and said "I will be right with you." She was very pleasant while checking me in, apoligized for being busy and seemed happy to give me driving directions. This was a totally different attitute from the previous hotel and that attitude goes a long way toward making a person feel more appreciated.

In my room I was greeted with a nice note, a bottle of water and a pack of Oreos. My room was nice and roomy with a king sized bed, a chair and ottoman, a desk and chair and a nice clean and roomy bathroom. The room, bathroom, breakfast area, and lobby were all clean and smelled nice. The free breakfast featured a hot item each morning in additon to the usual items like yogurt, cereal, juice, breads, etc.

The hotel has a van to the airport and while I did not use this service as I was leaving the courtesy van driver was getting ready to take people to the airport and he checked with me to see if I also needed a ride to the airport. He made sure that I knew how to get to the airport and he was very pleasant.

The hotel was nice and clean and I felt like the staff did everything they could to make me feel appreciated as a guest.

I would stay in this hotel again due to the quality of the hotel and also it is very close and convenient to the airport and I would recommend this hotel to anyone, business travelers, families, women traveling alone.

Hampton Inn & Suites
7712 East Riverside Drive
Austin, Texas 78744
Tel: 512-389-1616
Fax: 512-389-220

No comments: