Friday, January 11, 2008

New Orleans Area - Holiday Inn Express Harvey, LA

This is a nice Holiday Inn Express. It is just off of Manhattan Blvd behind a little strip mall so it is not right on the busy road. It appears to be a newer hotel than many of the other hotels in the area. The lobby is nice and clean and they lock the doors late at night so you have to use your keycard to enter. I felt safer in this hotel and my clients said this area was a better area than closer to the West Bank Expressway.

I was greeted warmly by the front desk attendant and she gave me a little bag with bottled water and a snack. My room was nice and clean with a king bed and a spacious bathroom. The rooms all have refrigerators and microwaves. The bedding is the new updated bedding that I have seen at many Holday Inn Express properties and there were plenty of fluffy pillows. The floor of the elevator was dirty like someone had tracked in dirt on their shoes. There did seem to be several crews of workers staying in the hotel.

The breakfast buffet had gravy and biscuits, cereal, fruit, yogurt, assorted breads, juice, etc. The breakfast area had several tables and a sofa in front of the tv. The cereal was in a dispenser where you turn the crank to release the cereal and one morning when I filled my bowl a hair came out of the cereal dispenser and landed in my bowl. Another morning one of the hotel employees brought her child into the room, gave him some cereal, parked him on the sofa in front of the tv and changed the news channel to cartoons with no consideration for the guests watching the news. I overheard some of the other guests make comments to each other about watching the news.

I would stay in this hotel again. It is a nice clean hotel where I felt safe. This is the best option considering the choices for the area.

HOLDAY INN EXPRESS
2433 MANHATTAN BLVD
HARVEY, LA 70058

Hotel Front Desk: 1-504-366-5055

No comments: